Thursday, March 02, 2006

how you doin?

So the thoughts have been swarming through my head today. I started wondering, how does everyone else go about writing for their blogs? Personally, I don't do any preparation, no notes (although I always have ideas and should really write them down so I don't forget them once I sit in front of the computer and draw a blank as to what I had been thinking about). I usually just sit and let the words exit my brain as they want. But I've been thinking about that lately. Why don't I do some prewriting? Why don't I make notes as the thoughts are fresh in my mind? Am I lazy? Too busy? Both?

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

I don't do any preparing for writing in my blog either. If I did I probably wouldn't ever get anything written. Leave the note taking for a very detailed post. I like the way your posts flow, they flow the way you think. That's not a bad thing. Your sense of humor shows through the way your writing now.

Love you, Live fully...

Jack K. said...

You take after your dear, old dad. I have all of these wonderful ideas at other times and places. Then, when I am here at the keyboard, all I seem to do is comment on others' blogs. Besides, on some of them there are going to be multiple comments, a real conversation takes place.

I also piggy back whenever possible. So, I ditto Adrianne's comments. Well, they are good comments. Why re-invent the wheel?

Love you both,

Dad

k said...

I usually just sit down and ramble, but I've tried to make a point of keeping a journal in my car so I can jot stuff down. I don't pre-write anything; I just like to keep track of "Topics To Discuss". It's like a grocery list, sort of, except it's things I'm getting rid of instead of picking up. :D