Friday, March 24, 2006

the girl of a thousand bags

Hello. I would like to speak to you all about a problem that many women, including myself, face each and every day. I call it bagitus. In Laymens terms that means, I have too many damn bags, purses, backpacks, etc. and therefore change bags almost every single day. Here's the thing though, I am always looking for the next "perfect" has everything you could want in a bag, bag.

You'd think that the search could be called off since I have at least 10 hanging in my closet right now. 10. Who needs that many bags?! The only good thing, I suppose, is that I use each one. Each one is perfect for the time I carry it. Today, it's the perfect day to bring out my old backpack. I've got a load of things to carry in with me to work and I don't feel like straining my one shoulder/arm because I'm using the wrong bag. The backpack expands and can fit more in it, right now it's not expanded and doesn't need to be, but knowing that it's possible and I CAN bring more home tonight...priceless.

What confuses me most of the time is when I see women carrying their backpacks (the bus I ride in on picks up many students heading to PSU downtown), anyway, these women are lugging their over stuffed backpacks as well as a purse. I suppose I just answered my confusion there. The backpacks are too stuffed with books and such so they have to carry a purse with the wallet, mobile phone, etc. I suppose I'm just a minimalist girl (hah) and don't like to carry too many bags at once. It's really my belief that you should be able to get through life carrying on bag at a time. Of course, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, etc are the exceptions. But on a day to day basis, really, you want to be lugging around three different bags?

There is a woman on the bus. She usually has two medium sized bags as well as her purse. She's constantly struggling with all the straps and drops stuff as it's her turn to get off the bus. I just want to ask her, "why so many at one time? why not just find one larger bag?" She carries all three on the same arm so before anyone suggests she has the two medium ones so she can balance herself, that's not happening from what I see.

I don't see myself getting rid of any of them soon. I guess I will just be the girl who changes her carrying devices as often as she changes her undies...each and every day.

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

Your mother and I are proud that you are changing your undies every day. As for the purse/bag/backpack, the choice is yours. Good luck.

bronxbt said...

giggle - I'm taking sides with Jack on this one.

I'm more curious, at the risk of a beating from wifee.... if your next post will focus on those undies?

*snort*

~ mr puddins (crouchin' in for Bronxbt, who's currently in Tahoe.. NOT Gambling.. really)

Jack K. said...

bronxbt, careful you're getting close to crossing the line. lol.

I am sure wifee will get your attention and get you back on the straight and narrow path. tee hee.

Adrianne said...

I only have two bags, and I only use one of them. It has the proper amount of pockets and places to put things. If I changed bags on a daily basis I'd be afraid of losing something (that would be my luck).