Sunday, March 12, 2006

done and done

And knit day is over. It was a short one this month because people had dinner engagements, Cirque de Soliel dress rehearsals, and life to attend. I got a bit more done on the mohair scarf, I've dubbed it the effing scarf. I HATE mohair (perhaps I've mentioned it before here?).

Anyway, Josie and I have already gone on a walk as well. I am sure Kev was surprised when we spoke and not only was knit day done, but I was out walking the dog without him having to prompt me. Hell, it's beautiful out. I don't need prompting on pretty days.

Kev's heading home. I've got a warmed cider next to me. Simon is all snuggled up in my arms as I type and all is right with my world.

6 comments:

Jack K. said...

Life is good! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Adrianne said...

Maybe the mohair doesn't want to be what you're trying to make it into? Maybe it wants to be something else. Some yarns can be picky that way. (In other words, don't fight with it, let it flow easily through your fingers.)

bronxbt said...

so, knitting me that mohair scarf's not gonna happen, eh?

Tee hee

PlazaJen said...

I hate mohair. And cotton.

I had a really bad day & was wearing a freakin' mohair scarf (first and only time, I had to wear it after all those dang stitches) and told Kristin, "I'm having a bad day, so, MIGHT AS WELL WEAR MOHAIR, too." Bleah. It's the devil's fiber of choice. Along with cotton.

shannon said...

Yeah, mohair is just a bitch to stitch with. It is going to be pretty when I am done and my friend Jill is going to love it (she actually doesn't get itchy because of it). So this way I get to see her wearing and enjoying something I made. :) Along with the other thin fuzzy scarf and hat I have already made for her.

Jack K. said...

This comment has nothing to do with your posting today. There is a young Canadian woman who might need a few friends right now. Please at least read Moon Watcher. Then proceed as your heart directs. Thanks.