Tuesday, March 14, 2006

blank

I am trying to think of things that we did this weekend that would intrigue and inspire. Nothing is coming to mind.

The mohair, not as horrible as I make it out to be, but it is hard to work with (the scarf it is turning into is going to be beautiful, and it wants to be the scarf, it's just finding the desire to work on it). I am a believer in finishing things I start. A surprise for many of you since in the past I'd start a project and like a raccoon find something shiny and lose all interest in the original project. I have half finished angel pillows hanging around my craft room. I have sketches for all kinds of pillows I'd love to make. I have fabric waiting to find out what it's going to be.

Knitting has been different though. I've made myself wait to start projects until I'm done with the current project, whatever it is I happen to be working on. However, I always have the next project in mind when I start a new one. Like I know I want to try to make a thin, black scarf type thing in the same "double drop" stitch I am doing with the mohair, just to see what it will do. BUT I have the Electric Youth blue that is asking to be made into a k2/p2 ribbed scarf/cowl prior to that.

Maybe I'll take the mohair with me today and get to work on it at work. I always feel a bit guilty, knitting at work, but when there is nothing left to do...what, I should just sit there? Then again, when is there nothing left to do?

Okay, I'm out.

1 comment:

bronxbt said...

I've been blank all week.

Hope you're doing better than that.

~ B