Thursday, February 02, 2006

wwyd?

I am checking to see what time I'd have to catch a bus to get to Diana's house on Saturday mornings in order to hitch a ride with her to yoga at Lululemon...

These are the two options I was given. I'm thinking option 1 is the way to go, don't you?


Option 1: Your best bet
Walk 0.32 mile west from (the address given) to 82nd & Holgate (Stop ID 7984)
6:36 a.m. Board 72 Killingsworth-82nd Ave to Swan Island-Anchor St
6:42 a.m. Get off at
82nd & Yamhill
Walk northwest to SE Yamhill St & SE 82nd Ave
Travel time: 17 minutes (including 11 minutes walking)
Fares: Adult ($1.65), Youth/Student ($1.30) or Honored Citizen ($0.80)
Where to buy
Show this option only Plan return trip

Option 2
Walk east from (the address given) to
Holgate & 88th (Stop ID 2768)
5:27 a.m. Board 17 Holgate to Portland
5:53 a.m. Get off at
6th & Jefferson (Stop ID 7765)
6:01 a.m. Board 6 M L King Jr to Vancouver, Washington
6:18 a.m. Get off at
M L King & Killingsworth
Go to
M L King & Killingsworth (Stop ID 5927)
6:28 a.m. Board 72 Killingsworth-82nd Ave to Clackamas TC
6:53 a.m. Get off at
82nd & Yamhill
Walk north to SE Yamhill St & SE 82nd Ave
Travel time: 89 minutes (including 3 minutes walking and 18 minutes waiting)
Fares: Adult ($1.65), Youth/Student ($1.30) or Honored Citizen ($0.80)
Where to buy
Show this option only Plan return trip

5 comments:

Jack K. said...

#1 looks good to me. The walk will always do you good.

Anonymous said...

um... duh?

(fuzzy sockless in Seattle)

Amanda said...

I think I have to second the helicopter idea. Although if you did option #2, you could stop at my house for tea!

PlazaJen said...

Here's how bad the bus system is in Kansas City: All the options look like #2. Seriously. And not that a brisk walk twice a day wouldn't do me good? But I can't commute for 60 minutes on each end of the day, when a drive is 15. Makes me miss my Minneapolis days.... there, a bus destination read "Opportunity" (it was a street or something, but I always wanted to ride it just for that.)

k said...

Hahahahahahahahaha.

I admire you for riding the bus. I don't, however, envy you. Especially when they give you actual "options" like that one.