Thursday, February 02, 2006

kev's scarf...almost


This is Kev's scarf, or at least how much I have done of it thus far. It's probably about 24 inches long right now and I have probably another 24 left in the ball I have to the left. He has been joking about not getting to wear it this winter because it's been taking so damn long. It's a knit 2, purl 2 end on a knit pattern. It's called the "mistake pattern."

The color is camouflage (Jenn, it makes me think of JWo for some reason...).

I have enjoyed this but am ready to move on from this project. The friend who is hosting Knitting Sunday this weekend asked what I was working on these days, the scarf or Jill's hat. I told her I'm a one project at a time kind of girl. I'm beginning to wonder why. I probably should start the hat so that I don't screw this up and hate it more than I kind of already do. Okay, I don't hate it, but I'm ready to be working on something else. So my goal, to be done with this this weekend so he can have a warm neck, stop complaining (he really isn't) and I can move on with my knitting life. :)

2 comments:

PlazaJen said...

It's pretty! What's the yarn? I used a Lorna's Laces worsted that was definitely camouflage-esque for a JWo muffler. Yours looks like it's got a different color mix than that one.
I always have so many projects going on.... but I've gotten better about sticking mainly with a primary one, so I at least have the satisfaction that comes with finishing.

shannon said...

I figured out if I start things and not finish them before moving on, I will most likely NOT get back to them again...

Will check on the yarn (as I mentioned in the email I sent you...)