Tuesday, February 28, 2006

that dad is a sneaky man!

Well, leave it to my Dad to be sneaky and tag us while we read his latest entry...

So, here it goes:

4 things I need every morning:
1. the sound of Kev's breathing as he sleeps
2. wiggles coming from Josie as I get out of bed to feed the crew
3. a latte
4. a roof over my head

4 things that turn me off:
1. cell phone conversations in which I can hear both parties...even just hearing the person on my end is bad enough
2. inconsiderate people
3. people who are all "I'm right!" even when they are not
4. not playing fair

4 things I believe in:
1. myself
2. the love I feel for my family and friends
3. that we all make the choices that get us where we are today (and future today's)
4. yoga

4 things I am afraid of:
1. not living up to my potential
2. the trillions of icons in my task bar that I have no clue what they are there for
3. drowning
4. inheriting the macular degeneration that has taken my grandmother's sight

4 things I do every day:
1. kiss Kev and tell him I can't stand how much I love him
2. squish on some furry animals and give kisses (cuz in our house, the rules are ANYTIME WE WANT we can kiss those little faces)
3. knit (or I'm trying to every day)
4. obsessively read my friends blogs

4 things I want to do/have:
1. I want to live my life to the fullest
2. I want to always do right by others
3. I want to continue finishing every project I start to knit
4. I want zero debt, what so ever

4 people I want to see:
1. my grandpa
2.
3.
4.

4 numbers that rule my life:
1. 6
2. 14
3. 17
4. 5

4 favorite colors:
1. turquoise (but not the garish color, more subtle)
2. teal (yeah, more like teal)
3. brown (chocolate brown)
4. orange (a burnt orange, or a bright, but no neon!)

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

Thanks for responding to the tag. Usually I abhor those things, but this time I just couldn't resist. I got tagged by bird. What can I say, I just had to pass it on. This way, anyone who happens to stumble across my blog can choose to be tagged or not.

It is all choice.

By the way, we got your phone message upon our return from the commissary. We are happy that you liked the recipe book. Do you think I should put some of those recipes on my blog or a separate blog?

Our best to you all.

shannon said...

Dad- if you were considering starting a blog about cooking then I'd say that's a great idea! :)

We are making the chili tonight. I love the book so much. I can't wait to show Kev. Ahmed's already seen it and thought it was sweet. He laughed about all that he'd already seen me get (the spring form pan, jelly roll pand and marinade tupperware) and said it all made sense now.

If you had a cooking blog, I'd totally want to be part of it, to share recipes! Not a bad idea, really...hmmmm

Jack K. said...

Can do easy. We can make it a members blog and invite others to share their favorites. I would pattern after the serve well blog. The members idea.

I'll think about it. I should decide within the next couple of days.

Love ya.

Dad

Persico said...

The question about the numbers that rule your life is very interesting. I never thought about certain digits that my life revolves around.