Thursday, February 16, 2006

still here

The brain, she is overworked these days.

Many of you dear people have been so supportive and wonderful to me through this really tough time and I thank you. I still haven't heard from the place I applied at, but I only sent in my resume with cover letter on Monday and I figure I will hear within the next week...IF they are interested.

I'm sad to say that yesterday found me wanting to beat myself with a clog because of some of the questions I was getting...

1. These are going to stretch, right? (don't most shoes stretch? yes, yes they do)
2. Do you have them in leather? (as she is looking at a pair of LEATHER clogs)
3. Can you wear these in the rain? (as she is looking at a pair of MESH shoes) i answered this one with "you can, but your feet will probably get wet"
4. Are you ordering boots in still? (after we'd spoken about us getting in sandals for the spring)
5. Do you know if (store X) carries these? (cuz I work where?)

These were only a few. There are days where I want to scoop my customers up in my arms and smoosh on them all because they are fabulous. Then there are days where 6:00 can't get here fast enough so I can go home and smoosh on the critters.

Funny thing...just had a customer in for quite a while. She made a comment that wow, so many people had come and gone and she was still here. I realized, I feel the same way. I'm still here. Customers I've not seen for a year (because they only come in annually) will say to each other, "Look! She's still here!" It's in a great way, the way that tells me they are happy to see me, but that's just it...I'm still here.

1 comment:

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

Ugh. Sounds like a frustrating day.