Sunday, February 05, 2006

it's done it's done it's done!


Well, knit Sunday turned out to be the best thing ever for getting me to finish Kev's scarf. I am quite pleased with it, as he is. When he picked me up from Jenn's I was wearing it, he was tired from work and didn't see it on me until we got home and I made a point to stand in front of him and just blink. Then he realized. :) He put it on and hasn't taken it off yet.

(Note: he isn't pitted out, the sweater just has an odd shadow there)

I was worried it was going to be too short, but it really is the perfect "boy" length. He doesn't wrap his neck, rather he ties it around his neck...

Oh, and the yarn is from Lorna's Laces. It's a shepherd worsted 100% washable wool. I knit it with #9 needles (this is all for my knitty friends).

5 comments:

Jack K. said...

Congratulations!!

Isn't wonderful to meet a goal when you think it is just out of reach? When we talked yesterday you weren't sure if you could get it done. Look at you and look at that great scarf. Who knows, it just might get a bit colder in dear old Portland.

Thanks for the comment about my cold. I finally did get some sleep and will go back to bed as soon as I get finished here. There is trash to take out and then I am contemplating spending a good portion of the day sleeping.

Love,

Dad

bronxbt said...

Scarf action looks totally cool. I'm still reeling from biased and potentially bribed referees who's calls and frankly UNCALLED for flags against my seahawks made for an interesting afternoon....

good thing there was tons of yummage foods, spirits and good company.

sheesh, even most of the multimillion dollar ads sucked monkey butt. what's the world to do!?

Either way, Kev's all sporting the manly scarf action, and your poor wittle fingers must be so sore!

oh!

gratz.

PlazaJen said...

Very, very nice. I thought it had a Lorna's Laces look to it. Sooooo soft, too. He's lucky!

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

mmmmm...fat tire.

Oh yeah. Nice scarf, too.

Adrianne said...

Looks really good. Now to get started on the next project. Isn't it great how when you find a hobby that you enjoy it just keeps feeding itself? Can't wait to see the next completed knitted goodness.

Live fully...