Wednesday, December 07, 2005

thank you

During a time when you feel sad and lonely you turn to those who you know will nurture and support. Sometimes you turn to those you know, live and in the flesh. Other times you turn to a group of friends whom you have never met. Neither is more important than the other, but each are equally as important. Lucky for me, I have both.

Last night I went to yoga. It was an emotionally amazing evening. Tears were shed, stories were shared, love was felt. I love the fact that Jill and I practice together, just the two of us with Diana. The three of us emit such an energy and lightness. We dedicated our practice last night to Frank. I kept hearing his voice saying, "I'm proud of you" over and over. They were words he spoke to me many times throughout the years of knowing him. They are words I will always know he said and felt about me. I know he would be proud of the woman I have become, I am.

So dear Frank, as you transition into the next, know that you go with love and lightness. You will not be forgotten here with us, you will be celebrated and remembered.

Namaste, Frank.

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

We are all truly blessed with folks like you around.

It is absolutely amazing how our family can grow, or are we just finding new ways to discover them.

Love,

Dad

Persico said...

My grandfather was a man of many words. His words are always with me though he has been gone for quite some time now.

Here's a chunk of them that I'd like to share with you.

Kiddo, just because your toy is broken doesn't mean that you will forget how to play with it. All life is is bits. Let them be.

I don't really know how that applies to anything, but it sounded right. Sometimes I feel like he's resting on my shoulder filling my head with nonsense.

bronxbt said...

Shannon,

lemme tell you a story. First of all, I knew another Frank-type once... oddly enough, a man who taught me to sail boats. Great guy, looked up to him, miss him. Your entry says, "namaste, frank..."

That was name of the boat that MY frank taught me on. Shari parts with a bit of wisdom of her grandfather... Well, my frank told me this:

"never forget to take a step back and admire your work."

Well, always one to follow his advice - I finished tying up the Jib, and proceeded to do just that.

I stood up, took a step back to admire my work, and fell right off the side of the boat....

:)

Hey, on another note, mr puddins has been exposed! Yesh, horrible but true. check 'em out sometime!

eep!