Saturday, December 17, 2005

shhhhhh

i don't think diana reads this blog, but if you are...STOP RIGHT NOW! :)


i went to knit/purl yesterday to see if any yarn "spoke" to me. as you can guess, some did (i passed on a skein that was pretty cool, but i'm okay with that). at first i was envisioning myself being hugged by this amazingly fluffy and super soft brown yarn. then, as i started it last night, all i could do was picture diana enjoying it. soooo, if i can do it, i'll have a second gift for her on tuesday. it's a rather narrow scarf and i already have about two feet done on it. it's soft and yummy and wonderful. i don't have a picture yet, but i will get one soon. the thing i love about this yarn, you can't see if you have dropped stitches or missed them or anything because it's that fluffy. yeah, this is my second project ever. the thing i don't love about this yarn is it's as slippery as an eel slathered in oil.

ask me if i'm crazy!

6 comments:

Jack K. said...

Are you crazy?

Jack K. said...

I know you are not any crazier than the rest of us in the family. At least I don't think so.

I bet the yarn was also sprayed with a combination of Pam and WD-40. That is some very slick stuff.

I can hardly wait to see the photos.

Love,

Dad

bronxbt said...

Well.... oh fuzzy-knitting-wonder.... if you were a movie quote - I'd say, "YOU SO CRAZY, I THINK I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABY!"

But,
#1 - you're not
#2 - I can't have your baby, unless medical science has made that possible and I've just been living under a rock.
#3 - I wouldn't want your baby, but I'd definitely take the scarf
#4 - this could go on and on

You are, however silly and wonderful. Your hubby and pets are lucky to have someone like you who strikes "chupracabra poses" in yoga and spins a mean yarn. (skein, whatever)

giggle!
Have a great weekend! Eep!

shannon said...

i am wackadoodle dad! although since the post i've knit just about another foot. i think this is going to be done tonight...no, i KNOW it's going to be done tonight. :) so yes, yes i am in fact crazy! i was even thinking about going back up to knit/purl to buy another ball of this yarn in a different color to make another scarf for jill (who yes reads the blog, but doesn't read the comments). if, and only if, ahmed comes in will i do that though.

Adrianne said...

Until you reach the level of the number of projects going that I have reached will you be considered mildly crazy. As it is you are only just beginning the madness. It's such a lovely, warm, fuzzy madness!

I have, wait let me count...seven projects going right now, with enough yarn and thread for at least six more. with the left over yarn and thread I will probably make things for my groups charity.

Stitch on!

Love you,
Adrianne

PlazaJen said...

What yarn are you using?
(why does that sound like addict-speak?) ;)