Tuesday, December 13, 2005

let me just tell you...

So for the past few days I have had a salivary gland issue on the left side. It's been clogged and slowly swelling up. Yeah, it wasn't noticeable unless you really studied my face. You know the feeling you get when you eat something really tart, there is kind of a shooting feeling along your jaw line? That is what I felt each and every time I would eat or drink something for three days! Yesterday, it broke through....and can I say this...EWWWWWWWW! It was the nastiest thing ever.

Today I am much better, no pain when I touch the side of my face and no NASTY ASS taste in my mouth. Kev asked what it tasted like and I really couldn't figure anything out. Just plain nasty is all I could say. I mean you would think the look on my face would be indication enough (he said I had some funny looks going while I was dealing with it...).

He also said, "wow, you really weren't lying about it, huh?"

Yeah, because whenever I'm in pain I'M LYING?!? Hmmmm.

9 comments:

Chickie said...

Ew. I'm glad you're feeling better!

shannon said...

Thanks Chickie! It was NO fun, let me tell you. Years ago my Uncle Keith had the same thing, although his took much longer to burst and he was so swollen you could see from across the room. I'm soooo happy it never got that bad!!! Especially right before going to Mexico in 19 days!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gross. Glad it's over now before you're in Mexico, that's for sure.

Jack K. said...

Glad to know you are on the mend. That would really be a bummer in Mexico.

Adrianne said...

Mouth pain is no fun. Glad your feeling better in time for both Mexico and Christmas.

PlazaJen said...

So, does that mean HE lies about his pain? (Don't most boys?)
Glad you're getting better!

shannon said...

Bekah- yeah, it was really gross.

Dad- I'm glad it's not hanging around for Mexico too!

Adrianne- I hadn't even thought of Christmas...all that food. Wouldn't have been any fun!

Jen- Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I will have to ask Kev if he does...I'm guessing he isn't always up front with his pain, you know must be macho. :)

bronxbt said...

well ewwww. I'll just put that strawberry filled doughnut down now...

Hmmmpfh! ;0

shannon said...

Bronxbt- See, I've helped you on your way to stop eating that crap... LOL