Monday, December 12, 2005

finally!




Got the tree up today. Put up all the garlands on, untangled the lights (okay, they really weren't tangled), put on the random decorations we've gotten over the years (mainly ones from when I was a kid and a few we've accumulated since being married). Got all the gifts that we've received under. I'll be wrapping a few for our friends and putting them under there as well. It makes for a warm feeling, all those gifts under the tree for our loved ones...

Speaking of gifts. Last night was the first ever in the four years of working at the store Holiday Party! It was a blast. Most everyone showed up (and to be honest I'm a bit bothered by those who had said they'd be there and then didn't show at the last minute...I know, I know they probably had "good" reasons). We had a gag gift swap. Ahmed (the boss) got one of the gifts Kev and I took...Odor Eaters! :P

This is what Kevin got at the party... Ahmed was the culprit who bought it. I think he's thrilled that he got something so tacky and horrible and WE now are in possession of it...Joy.

I swear it's Kenny G playing! It's HARABLE!

We have already taken Josie on a hike and ran a few errands today. Now, we are all snug as bugs in a rug and are working on getting the laundry situation under control while listening to some cheesy Christmas music. Josie is policing the tree and not allowing Chloe near it. It's not Chloe I'm worried about with that tree. Simon may seem all innocent, but trust me, he's a little hellion.

I think I'm going to go make a latte and sit and enjoy the disco that's going on in my living room right. this. minute.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

It looks great. Tell Kevin not to worry, I do not covet the Jazzy Santa.

bronxbt said...

All I can say is this:

Kenny G is the devil

destroy that gift of evil before it sucks out your soul.

~ a concerned mr puddins

shannon said...

Dad- ahhhh, you'd love what Jazzy Santa plays though!!! It's all smooth jazz on us!

Mr Puddins- what's your address? ;) I feel a gift coming your way....wahhahhhaahaaaa!