Tuesday, November 08, 2005

the voice of annoyance...

So just a little more than a week ago I took Josie to the dog park. The HUGE dog park that is about three and a half acres, all fenced in. Kev and I have taken to doing some trail running and I figured, what the hell, let's run Josie. Since that day (a little more than a week ago) my right hip has been screaming at me. I'm fine if I stay up and don't sit down but as soon as I sit it seizes up and gets stiff. I tend to limp when I get up for a little while before it works its self out. If it's not better by next Monday I'm calling my doctor and setting up an appointment.

I know if I practiced yoga more vigorously at home I would probably be feeling better by now, but it gets tough with the big black dog and the *ahem* "small" orange cat. Chloe, the perfect cat, never bothers me when I'm doing yoga. Or when I'm sewing, or knitting, or... The only time she NEEDS me to pet her is when I'm trapped in the bathroom. She will come barging into the room and demand attention. Something about captive audience. I digress...

Tonight is yoga night and I am hoping that since it is so soon after yoga last week (we practiced on Thursday last week) that it will help my hip feel better. Only time will tell.

All I know is that this better be gone by the time Mexico comes around!!! :)

3 comments:

Persico said...

Even if your hip isn't better by the time you leave for Mexico I bet it would work out.
Now I only say this because if you are dancing at some random place with extra special tequila when you get out on the dance floor with your gimpy hip it could create an excellent dance move.
Or maybe that's just the white-boy-who-cant-dance in me coming out.

shannon said...

Yeah, I totally have the Elaine from Seinfeld dance in my head now...and it would have to be an awful lot of tequila to get my booty dancing!

I'm hoping that by January the hip will be better. :)

I'm thinking acupunture actually...

Jack K. said...

Acupuncture is good.