Tuesday, November 08, 2005

a post in which i want to scream obscenities at the top of my lungs...

You have got to be *flipping kidding me!!!

Okay, about a month ago I spoke with a customer whom had called and told my coworker she'd been trying to get in contact with me but I'd not been calling her back or returning her emails. This was the first message I ever received from her, via phone OR email. I called back and left a voice mail stating that fact and told her when I'd be in the store. Many weeks later she finally calls me. We discussed the issues of her clogs and I told her to send them to me and we would charge Swedish Comfort for the repairs and shipping. I asked her to put all her information, name, address, phone number, inside the box so I could write up the invoice for Swedish Comfort as well as ship them back to her.

Last week I got an email "to whom it may concern" stating she was wondering what we could do about the situation. I emailed her back saying that I'd not received the clogs and told her everything we had spoken about on the phone...making sure she knew that we'd already discussed it. I got an email back, "Sorry Shanna...just got them out today...etc"

Today I got a random box with clogs in them. No note, no name, no nothing. They were shipped from a postal annex type place. I've just shot off an email asking if she sent them from the Post and Parcel in Texas...

OH MY DEAR LORD!!!!

I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt and what not, but seriously, she didn't do anything I'd asked her to do NOR did she even get my name right. I sign ALL my emails with my name. Tell me, does ShannON look like ShannA?

Maybe I need to call her RobERT? Instead of...well, I won't say what her name is here...

*not the real word I wish to use, but...parental eyes. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how teachers feel about people who don't follow directions!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when I get an email back from a parishioner who spelled my name Rebecca instead of Rebekah. I know my way is a TAD uncommon, but when I replied to their email and SIGNED MY NAME, couldn't they spell it correctly?

I understand your annoyances, on all of it, just in different situations. Working with people can be so annoying.

Adrianne said...

She just wanted you to fix her problem with your magic wand. It is very frustrating when people don't get directions or names right. what gets me is when soemone calls you, they are looking at your name and still can't pronounce it. (My name has grown letters without telling me several times. Ex: Andrianne)

Jack K. said...

I'm tempted to say that fucking idiots are fucking idiots, but children shouldn't hear those kinds of words from their parents.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Your dad gets major points by using "fuck" twice in the same sentence. Go Dad!

Jack K. said...

Now that I have gotten that out of my system it is time to look at the situation from a different perspective. Sometimes people get to a place in their lives where they just need to let everyone else be responsible for whatever happens to them. It is very disappointing to have to deal with folks who have chosen to be this way.

It does gives us another opportunity to show compassion. It is also great to have compatriots to whom we can rant, who will understand our views and accept the rant.

When we stay in our positive, power-full mode we will be much healthier and will send some of that positive energy to the "FI" who really needs it.

Love,

Dad

shannon said...

my eyes!!! :) Dad!!! LOL

Thanks for saying what I was feeling...