Monday, November 28, 2005

shoo fly pie

I have done so much today. It feels odd not having Kev here, but I am sure he's having a lovely time with his friends. He called while I was at Lululemon using my gift certificate (and lusting after things I couldn't yet get...). He said he had gotten in already and that they were heading to Lawrence straight from the airport.

I found the most amazing yoga pants ever made. OMG! I also got a top and will be seeing how it works tomorrow. As for the pants, they will probably be on my body at all times this winter when I am at home. I threw a skirt on over them to run to the vet to pick up Josie's pills (her peep pills ran out last night). I'm debating if I'm going to wear the pants/skirt combo tomorrow...it's just so comfortable!

Right now the smells of a Shoo Fly Pie are emanating from my kitchen. After stopping in at Lululemon and visiting with Diana I popped into Jill's work and asked her over for dinner. I then got the wild idea to call our other friend Chaz, we've not all three hung out in a million years. So, I'm making potato soup with crescent rolls and Shoo Fly Pie for dessert. Basically it's a molasses pie. Too damn good really. :)

Okay, gonna go check on it to see if it's still jiggling in the middle (when it stops, that's when it's done). And I'm going to call Ms. Chaz to see if she is up for a girls night in, just the three of us. Her boyfriend told me he would bet she would be down with it tonight, but to call her after she gets of work, which was 3 minutes ago.

I'm out!

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Shoo fly pie. I think I may have to try baking one of them tomorrow after I bake the next loaf of bread. Unless I can convince your mother to bake one.

There is something so wonderful about the aroma of baked goods.

Love,

Dad

shannon said...

The house smells amazing! :) I can't wait to start cooking the potato soup. I hope it turns out okay. The pie, looks great! I'll report back though...