Friday, November 04, 2005

ahhh, the sounds of morning

I'm sitting in my cozy cave (aka the family room) and the hum of the computer is my companion. I used to turn on the Today show, but decided that I just had seen enough fluf stories mixed with the heart wrenching ones so I quit, cold turkey.

Now my mornings consist of the hum of the computer, the tap of the keyboard, the faint sound of traffic and occassionally, like this morning, the sound of a dog licking herself. Mmm, gotta love it when a dog licks herself three feet away from you, for a very. long. time. She started the rolling around on her back thing right after, you know the "look at me, I'm really stinking cute RIGHT NOW!" And when you look down she stops and stares in your eyes and you think, she is really stinking cute RIGHT NOW! Her cuteness takes over and you are lulled into a calmer state of mind. Gone are the thoughts of having to go to work. No more do you feel the dull ache in your right hip that has been there for five days (stupid running at the dog park). You are just taken in by her cuteness and all it has to offer.

Then, as quickly as she started it, she stops and leaves to investigate some sound in the house. Leaving you with the memory of her floppy ears, wild eyes, and pink pink belly...

No comments: