Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Saturday and Sunday


sisters
Originally uploaded by chlortence.

Shall we see if Flickr and Blogger will work hand in hand now? It seems as though they will...

So last I left off we were heading into Saturday. We got up when we felt like it (so nice to be able to do) and went on a long walk with Oscar. He had a ball on the beach (until we read the sign that said NO DOGS ON BEACH). OOps. :) He was pretty tired, as we were, when we got back to the house (which btw is fabulous!!). We ate a little breakfast because we'd both realized we were so excited about getting our day started that we failed to eat anything prior to our hour and a half walk. We decided to go walk around the promenade and shop a little. I got a great book called The Alphabet Sisters. CRY CRY CRY!!! I scored a top at Urban Outfitters. Was on sale...$5.51! We then zipped home after an afternoon of shopping and lunch and decided to not go to yoga (I may have mentioned that in a brief post earlier). We went out to a bar not far from their house, or their favorite sushi joint. After we listened to a really bad bar band-we dubbed them Creediohead (and playing bar band bingo where you list all the bands they could possibly cover) we headed over to sushi. Amazing. I can see why it is their favorite place to go. We wandered home (which is when the photo came from) and hung out a little before heading to bed.

Sunday we slept in later and then had to go to her office to gather some posters we were going to give away at the Abbott-Kinney street fair. We worked a booth for a couple of hours selling politically charged tee shirts. It was a lot of fun. We met David out for lunch before heading for our stint at the booth. I bought Kev a "Vote for Pedro" tee shirt. I got myself some stationary. We headed back to the booth. We hung there for the two hours we'd said we would work and then went home to Julianne's so I could finish packing and head to the airport. It was a long ride home to Portland, but I am so glad that I could go. I had a great time and look forward to when Kev and I can go there together so he can see where they live. Right on the canals of Venice beach. Beautiful!

So now I'm home and it's Tuesday (yesterday we got up with just minutes to spare before we had to go to our dentist appts). I'm at work and it's going rather slowly, although at the same time it's already halfway done. Tonight I have yoga and will have to see how my sinuses will deal with it. I had been feeling a bit nasal before heading down and it just got worse being on the plane. I hate plane air!

No comments: