Thursday, September 22, 2005

girls weekend?

Well, I just got an email from my sister (I assume she wrote it last night) saying that her boyfriend, David, will not be going to Austin, Texas for the Austin City Limits music festival. From what she told me FEMA has taken control of the hotels in Austin to evacuate people from Houston to them. Hence, David is staying home and girls weekend has become a weekend for me to go visit my sister and her boyfriend. She has said the only things that will change is he will be joining us for meals. This, I like. He is such a great person and I'm glad to get to spend time with him. It's been way too long since I've gotten to see him. Not that a weekend soley with my sister wouldn't have been enjoyed, but it will be nice to get to see David too.

However, it also means I either get the sofa or the aerobed. Not sure about which one to take...

1 comment:

Robert Lee said...

The hotels are fine. FEMA is putting up the 20,000 people in shelters (arena, civic centers, school gyms, etc). The rest of the evacuees are living on the streets here or in our 24-hr businesses such as WhataBurger.

ACLFest will run as normal thank god. With all the new residents 6th street ought to be pretty interesting too.

-Robert