Friday, September 16, 2005

first try

Someone should pay me to be a sleuth! Remember the post about looking for the former boyfriend from a gazillion years ago....Jeremy? FOUND HIM! First try.

I got an email today and everyone is fine, safe, sound. Their homes, not all so lucky. I'm just glad that they are all safe. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I actually found him after so long. I'm grateful that he wrote back!

He told me if I wanted their email addresses or the addresses of where they are all staying to reply. I replied. I also told him that I'd love to stay in contact, if it wouldn't freak out his wife (I assumed that he got married simply by the email address). I hope he wants to email. It'd be fun to stay in touch. I called and told Kev that he'd sent me an email and he was happy to hear that his family was safe.

I love Kevin. He's such an amazing and supportive husband to me and my wild hairs! :)

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Congratulations on your amazing abilities to find folks. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I misplace myself.

I'm pleased to hear that Jeremy is doing well. Too bad about the house.

Hope all is well with you. I just found out that one of my students moved here recently from Portland. Small world.

shannon said...

I will update you when I speak with him, or any of his family members. They were like family to me too at one point so it makes me happy to know that Nancy, Brad and Alison (his sister was living in NO as well) are all safe, even if their belongings didn't fare quite as well.