Thursday, August 25, 2005

zen of the mosquito

Jill and I arrive to Diana's (actually Jill got there first since I had these two wishy washy customers who couldn't make up their minds...mother and daughter and the daughter looked B.O.R.E.D.) So I arrive and they are waiting for me. I shake off the feelings I was still harboring from the women and proceeded to change.

Lawrence, Diana's boyfriend, joined us. The four of us walk up to Mt. Tabor where we found a nice grassy area to practice. The breeze is nice, the sun is setting, and the mostquitos have come out to feast. There is something to be said about the practice of yoga outside with the intermitent sounds of *slap* *whack* and *arg!* At one point Lawrence decided he needed to really make his point and called Diana over to look at the seven, yes count them SEVEN, mosquitos having a fiesta on his leg while we were in extended side angle, going up to half moon. We all decided together to walk back to their house and finish up with some inversions...ie head and hand stands.

Our butts were kicked. But not just by the practice. Afterwards Kevin was planning on picking us up, however we all decided that no dinner and Jill and I would just take the bus to her house and Kev would pick me up there. Diana and Lawrence had some things to work through, and since we didn't want to inconvenience them the bus was it. We caught the first bus, no problem. The second bus...well, problem. It seemed as though we had just missed it according to the random movements and shoutings going on across the street (a woman was making a motion as though the bus had just come and gone). We decided to walk the bus route in hopes of catching it along the way. We never did catch that bus...

50 some odd blocks later, we arrive at Jill's. Today...I am pooped and happy my friend Shannon has had to back out of our Thursday night walk/hikes. I have already informed Josie our walk this evening would depend on how Mamma was feeling but she shouldn't count on it. :)

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

It is safe to say that mosquitos are NOT our friends.

The joys of exercise and friendship are wonderful. I am pleased to learn that you and Jill are still such close friends. A long walk can also help cement very strong friendships.

Give our best to all. I hope Diana is enjoying the Reiki book. If she has any questions or comments I would be pleased to answer them.

Love,

Dad