Monday, August 01, 2005

what's that in the sky?

Could it truly be? CLOUDS!!! What a glorious site to see...

We slept in late today. Kev got up to feed everyone (I didn't actually hear him but when I got up to go to the bathroom before going back to bed I noticed Chloe had food in her bowl and nobody did the "she's up, we eat" dance). I slept in. And not "in" as in I got up at 7:30 as opposed to my normal waking time of 7:00. I slept until 10:00!!! Kev did too (although that's not a surprise or hard to imagine I am sure). We were rudely awoken by people doing work on the street in front of our house. How DARE they work on a Monday morning!! :)

It feels good to have gotten to sleep in (honestly, I didn't even wake up when Simon decided to tap dance on my head, which he does EVERY morning). We are planning on going somewhere to get our hike on, but we don't want to drive to much. I'm thinking over the the NW so we can hike Forest Park, but not the normal entrance we ALWAYS do. I want something new.

Oh, and we have decided to continue with our Monday weigh in rituals because even though we haven't gained any weight back and our new, smaller sized clothes still fit really well, we are starting to feel slightly mushy. By weighing ourselves we are hoping we will create the atmosphere of not allowing ourselves to become doughy again. :) So far I have butt kicking yoga on Wednesdays to take care of that feeling!!! My arms are now just feeling normal again. LOL

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

How sweet it is to be able to sleep in from time to time. I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy some extra rest.

Keep up the good work on your weight control program. Both of you look good and I know you both feel better for it.

Love,

Dad

Amanda said...

Congrats on the sleeping in! I'm so sorry I bailed so abruptly yesterday. I had a wicked headache and just needed to find some quiet. It was wonderful to see you, albeit briefly!

Hey, do you work tomorrow? I was going to stop by and pick up the shoes, but I wanted to see you while I'm at it...