Thursday, August 18, 2005

the people we know

We bring certain people into our lives when we need them. We may not realize at the time of our meeting that we do, in fact, need them, but soon realize that that need is there.

One of my closest friends, I've never met. Her name is Reagan. She is my rock when I need someone to lean on and an ear to bend (a different ear than the ears I have here in town). She's amazing. She's whip smart. She's my friend. She's always there for me, and I for her. I've gotten calls in the middle of the night because a rogue possum has had the nerve to come into her garage and she needed someone to "talk her down" from her major freak out. She's gotten calls because I'm just need someone to talk to about things that are way bigger than I am and it freaks me out. And sometimes, she's on the phone with me while I'm finding those things...

We've never met in person but we are hoping to remedy that at some point in the close future.

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Ah yes! Teacher, students, but above all else the great possibility of Friendship.

Rejoice! Life is good. You are learning your lessons well, Grasshopper. (Or whatever other symbol you wish to be.

Love,

Dad

shannon said...

I like Grasshopper. I will keep that.