Sunday, August 21, 2005

glutton






After speaking with Mom this afternoon I got it into my head to go ahead and paint the hallway today. Some may remember the saga, for those of you who do not (and because it was all written at a different blog site which has been deleted) I will give you a brief recap.

We painted our front room red: We loved the idea of a warm and inviting living room. We LOVE the red room. The red is the perfect red and from what Jill says red is the hardest color to choose and get right the first try. Some come out to pink, others too orange. The one we chose is the perfect blue red with a hint of orange in all the right spots.

After going dramatic in the living room we decided to go equally dramatic in our kitchen and painted it a burnt sienna.




We love this color as well. It is lively and invigorating and makes us plain happy every time we walk into the kitchen.

My original thought for the hall was to go with a deep mustard, almost Moroccan in feel. I went to the store, got the chips, came home and picked the one we both felt would work. I painted the hallway while Kev and our friend Bob who was in town for work played video games. I hated it instantly! It looked primary yellow against the red and made our once "grown up" living room feel like we were in a Kindercare. Not going for that feeling we decided to paint out the hall white as we painted the bathroom.

While we like the bathroom being white the hall, no, not so much. When my parents were here this Spring we dragged them (kicking and screaming of course) to the Deep Hole to pick out colors for the hall. We found a wonderful color called Parchment by Ralph Lauren. It has say since May at the end of the hall, waiting to be put on the walls.

Today, was the day. I've only gotten the first coat up and NO, I have no pictures yet (nor do I have photographic evidence of the yellow...and Bob, Kevin and myself are the only living souls who have ever seen it). I will be finishing up here in about an hour, must let the first coat have a chance to dry.

Mom, BEST COLOR EVER!!!! We will be painting all the trim a stark white and it is going to be sooooooo wonderful!!! I'm thinking, however, the bedroom color needs to be changed. You want to bop over to the Deep Hole and find pretty blue chips for me Mom? :)

I guess that ended up being a big of a "waffle" as my South African friend would say. Oops...

5 comments:

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

I [heart] Parchment. That was the color of my bedroom from 1999-2002.

Adrianne said...

The kitchen and front room are gorgeous, I'm sure that the hall looks equally as good.

Amanda said...

The Parchment is gorgeous. It's going to look wonderful!

Jack K. said...

Wait until you look at the next steel blue colors. We went to "deep hole" just a few minutes ago. Your Mom said she has already sent you an email with the info.

Serve well.

Serline said...

My favourite color is red. But I don't have the guts to paint my wall red, afraid that my whole family will start to fight. Ha...Ha...