Wednesday, July 06, 2005

this is my horn...

...and I'm going to toot it!!!

It is just after I have opened the store downtown. I have a customer trying on clogs I'd held for her. I have another woman come in the store and start looking around. She's acting a bit suspicious. I watch her as she kneels down with a pair of clogs. When she stands back up the clogs are gone and there is an empty spot on the rack. I approach her, knowing the clogs are in her big raffia bag. I ask her if she liked the blue clogs she'd seen on the rack. She sheepishly said yes. I tell her softly, "I'm going to need to look in your bag." She pulls out the clogs. At this time my adrenaline is pumping. She says, "I'd like to buy them, how much are they?" I tell her they are $105.95 and that I can get a different bag for her to carry them in. She doesn't have the money (which I knew would be the case) so I tell her I'll hold them (I'm sure she won't be back).

I RAWK!!!!!

My former co-worker just popped in to get her last paycheck so I told her the story. She said it sounded like I was very compassionate and she thanked me for that.

2 comments:

PlazaJen said...

yowza, you handled it impeccably! I always hated it when people would "return" things without a receipt that were obviously stolen. Good for you! Buy yourself some shoes. :)

Jack K. said...

That's my girl. You have done yourself proud. I sure do like your style. Everyone now knows you take after your mother. i probably wouldn't have been so kind.

Keep up the good works. Who knows, I may grow up to be just like you. I can only hope.

Love,

Dad