Tuesday, July 05, 2005

not my energy!

Okay, as I wrote before Josie dislikes fireworks. I don't care for them based on the fact that they make my dog pace, bark, pant, lick the air, just act NOT like herself. I don't do anything out of the ordinary, except turn on loud music to drown out the noise. Then I peacefully sit and read. Nothing new there.

As soon as Kev took over he turned down the music...she started doing the afore mentioned behaviours. Tell me, my energy? My dislike? No, my guess is she could hear the damn things and it freaked her out. As a child I did not like the loud booms because they frightened me, as an adult it is because they frighten my animals. I could give or take fireworks for myself personally. But for the three kids I've got running around my house in a panic every 4th of July, I'll give every time!!! Yes, Simon and Chloe got into the act as well and hid all night...although they would come out every once in a while only to have some loud boom happen and send them back into hiding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate them too! Maggie doesn't care about them (probably cause she's deaf) but Kia is doing the same thing as Josie. Poor babies.

Jack K. said...

Hazel was not to enthusiastic about the "young war" going on in our neighborhood either. She didn't want to sit on my lap much and she was reluctant to go to her room.

Now that Mom is back she has another lap to sit on and is very happy about that.

Continue to give your "kids" lots of love and attention.

Love you,

Dad