Saturday, July 23, 2005

random ramblings

Man, today has gone by quickly, now that I look at the clock again. For a while it was slugging by, but now it is 4:43 and I have just over an hour before I head home for my weekend. No major plans, it's going to be a bit warmer this weekend so no painting (we still have yet to do the hallway again...) but I am hoping we can get a big trash can for yard debris and work on the back yard a bit. The back corner, which was cleared when we first moved in, now has tree limbs, blackberry vines as well as who knows what living in it. The blackberry vine is the most annoying of them all though. It could easily take over the world. I'm reminded of Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins whenever I look at the vines. They are mentioned in the book, which takes place in Seattle. They were taking over the yard in the book too...

Last night Jill, Kiley and I went out to dinner. All of our partners in crime were either out with pals, off to LA, or at work. We decided it would be fun to get together and eat Italian at a place not too far from home. Very nice indeed. Pastini. The Cannelloni Fruttie Die Mar is to die for!!! Go to their menu and read what is in it and then tell me you don't want to go there whenever you are in Portland...

I was riding the bus home last night after work and got to chatting with Michael (he's actually someone who works at our bank, which is how we met). We were talking about blogs and he seemed a bit surprised that I had one. I told him it was for freinds and family and complete strangers to see what's going on in our life. We got to talking about how I'd have ideas of things I'd want to write about while doing whatever (I could be drinking coffee and have an idea, or walking up the block to the store and *poof* something would enter my mind...) and as soon as I got to the computer to write about whatever it was it would be gone. I don't have my book in my bag right now. The book I use to write things in as I get ideas.

Kev is giddy right now. Maybe giddy isn't the right word, perhaps he's more loopy than giddy. He called me earlier, I had to call him back. When I did he just sounded like he'd not gotten enough sleep and was feeling a bit slap happy. He told me he indeed did NOT get enough sleep last night and WAS feeling a bit loopy. Sadly we had to cut our conversation short because he had a customer come into the store. When he's loopy, he's also chatty. I like that...

Okay, those are some ramblings to tide you all over. Sorry for the long wait. I know this entry probably doesn't make up for it. :)

No comments: