Sunday, July 10, 2005

my dream house...

Will have a room where we have zero furniture, hardwood floors, maybe the free weights, but plenty of room to practice our yoga and meditate.

It will have a well planned and laid out kitchen that is a bit larger than what we have to work with now. I'd love for it to open up into the rest of the house, although not necessary. As long as it is a well thought out and planned kitchen, I'm fine. Oooh, and it has to have a pantry!!!

It will have a large enough "master" bedroom so that all our gorgeous maple bedroom furniture will fit in it and Kev's chest of drawers won't have to reside in the closet.

It will have a cave. I've gotten so accustomed to having a quiet, dark room that I've grown to rather like it...a lot. Especially when the neighbors find themselves needing to set off fireworks. Josie enjoys having a quiet place to go.

It will have a lovely patio where we can entertain our friends and family and Kev can wow them with his culinary skills...he is the true Grill Master!!!

It will have a back yard that Josie ISN'T affraid of.

It will have a spare bedroom as well as a sewing room, that will be used!!!

It will have a garage, two car (not that we will have two cars, but storage baby).

It will have at least one and a half bathrooms. Dood, if we can't both go WHEN WE NEED TO...it isn't our house! As of right now, it gets tricky at times.

It will be in a neighborhood where you know each other and you wave when you see the familiar faces of those you live around. You won't get told stories of home invasions.

I want it to be even closer to Jill and Mark. Not only have they gotten hugs, two bottles of wine, a loaf of homemade bread, but they just recently got...COOKIES! Homemade oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies with a welcome note. I so want to live near them! :)

3 comments:

d3 said...

Did I say apse? I meant transept.

d3 said...

Hmm. what happened to my first post? Looks like I'll have to re-reate it.

My dream house always has had and always will have a large domed hall with a bilaterally symmetrical transept, large louvred skylights, a checkerboard pattern of black and white marble floor tiles and a group of barber chairs whose hydraulic lifts extend right up through the skylights so that people can have conversations in the quiet night sky.

The only other things that I've identified for my dream house are a big, sturdy workbench, and a greenhouse large enough to grow my own vegetables, even in a cool climate.

Jack K. said...

Meditate on your dreams, they are more likely to come true.

Love,

Dad