Wednesday, July 13, 2005

i am a medium

Not in the sense that I can speak to the dead or anything creepy like that...

You all know of our weight loss thang (seriously, if you are looking for inspiration watch this falls Biggest Loser!)

Anyway, I was out shopping with Kev this week on Monday and I stopped to look at this great tank by Isaac Mizrahi (I'm so glad he's doing things for Target). There were two left, one was a medium and the other an extra large. I hesitated for a second, but picked up the medium. I figured if I got it home and it was too small I'd take it back (we live a hop, skip and a jump from Target). I did the same thing with a pair of rose colored yoga pants. Only there were larges available, I just decided to take the medium there too. Well what do you know, I'm a medium. It's still hard for me to envision myself wearing medium in clothes that for quite some time I was wearing XL. It boggles my mind a bit quite honestly. But hell, I'll take it!!!

I was thinking the other day, as we were driving home from our trail run/walk. I really enjoy who I (we) have become (or would that be whom?). I like being the outdoor-sy girl. I like getting out in nature and really being there in it, away from the "real" world. I like that we want to do these things together, Kev and me. I wouldn't have thought this when we first moved here that in 5 years after moving to Portland I'd be living in my own home, with my fabulous husband, our wonderful animals and getting out and DOING. We used to watch our old neighbors, Kim and Brad, go out all the time to do things out of doors. I'd long to be like them. Now, I am...sigh.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Keep up your good works. Just don't fade away to nothing. I know that you both are doing the right things to keep in good health for each other and the "kiddo-pets". Your mother and I are quite proud of your accomplishments. You have inspired your mother to lose some pounds too.

Love,

Dad