Saturday, July 02, 2005

mmmmm

Friday nights our friends Kiley and Shannon go out to eat. On occasion I get to join them. For no other reason then we like each other's company.

We went to a new place called Nuestra Cocina. It was rather tasty, however the desserts...where it is at! The ap we shared was nice, seared scallops over radicho (sp) and some kind of verde sauce. I opted for a main course of little baby tortillas (made there by hand) stuffed with black beans, avocado, grilled poblano peppers and cheese. They were served with a verde salsa. Kiley had some pork dish that was goooood and Shannon got an ap as a meal and they were little pastries stuffed with chorizo and other goodness.

Because we'd not eaten too heavily we opted for dessert. All night we'd seen this plate coming out of the kitchen with chocolate cake on it. Very dense looking, the kind that would kill me if I ate more than a couple bites. Shannon got that. It was served with a cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. For all of Kiley's talk of Flan he changed his mind and got the crepes with fried bananas and fresh strawberries. While I had an Empenada Limon. It was a lemon custard filled empenada served with fresh whipped cream on a ribbon of caramel. The custard was warm inside which was a lovely surprise.

The margaritas...they muddle the lemon, lime and orange with ice giving it a burst of citrus. Muddling is when the bartender puts the ice in a cup with slices of orange, lime and lemon, takes something that looks like a pestle (or is it the mortar that is the basher?) and smashes it all together. YUMMY!

Now I am getting ready for my last day of work for the week and when I get home I must run the vacuum quickly as we have a couple people coming over to play a new game called Quelf. Our friend of a friend designed it with two of his friends...just go to their site to get the logistics. :)

2 comments:

shannon said...

I guess we opted all over the place. LOL Thesaurus...sigh.

Jack K. said...

When you have so many options it is easy to get wrapped up in opting. My mouth is watering. I can hardly wait to get back to Portland to go to this wonderful place. Give my best to Kiley and Shannon.

Love,

Dad