Sunday, July 03, 2005

oh baby, i'm so tired

Man, I know how to pack a weekend full. Day one of my weekend and I've gone to yoga (such an amazing class today!!!), helped my dear friend Amanda with painting the trim in her kitchen/breakfest nook/mud room (I told Lisel, her beau, it shows how much I love Amanda because I HATE painting trim), took Josie to the dog park (where she only tried to escape once, but was foiled because the woman who came in after me latched the gate after I asked her to), mowed the lawn (which was in need), cleaned the kitchen (which was in dire need after our game night with Shannon and Kiley last night...you all must play Quelf), and now I've finished eating dinner (yummy veggies, almonds, ham and cheese...). I'm pooped. Kev has no clue I've done any of this, other than the yoga and the painting. I told him I'd take Josie somewhere but I don't think he always believes me. :)

Tomorrow we are thinking about getting out of the city. Josie has done much better this year with the fireworks our neighbors have already started setting off (the ignore her while she's barking and reinforcing when she's quiet really is working), but we think we'd still like to get out of town. Hence the lawn work, etc. We had been thinking the coast, but then my friend Reagan sent me and email, as did another friend Kay. It was a link to a story about the Oregon coast being the busiest on the 4th and to expect traffic. We started talking and realized that people will go to the vast expanses of beaches to set of fireworks, watch fireworks, and just be there in general, we think we would like to get up to the mountains instead. So we have been looking online and in our hike book for a place that sounds like it will be the place for us to go and get away from everyone and everything.

We'll let you know how it goes. Please be safe this holiday weekend.

No comments: