Sunday, December 07, 2003

josie

We just got back from taking Josie on a 45 minute walk. She did okay, but we do have to work on her socialization with other dogs. She tends to bark at them and growl a bit. It's fine if they are on a leash, but when they come up on her she's not fond of it. We think she tried to nip one dog in it's butt as it barreled up on her. My sister said that her dog, Oscar, tends to be like that when on his leash, but when at the dog park and everyone is off leash he calms down and plays. She thought it had something to do with being protective. Sounds about right to me.

Chloe is coming out more and more. In fact she's been sleeping on the sofa in the living room lately. She gets chirpy and weird when Josie noses around, which makes Josie jump back, but everyone seems happy. Josie's tail is constantly wagging when her cats are around.

We had a dead mouse. The house is a bit stinky now and we are trying to get rid of the odor asap. Kev says he can't smell it, but he also doesn't have the keenest sense of smell. I, on the other hand, have a very "touchy" olfactory system and feel as though it is starting to consume the rest of the house. Kevin located the source the other day and has gotten rid of it, but the smell lingers. Wish us luck as we take on this challenge.

So, today is my sister's birthday! Happy Birthday, Julianne!!! I spoke with her earlier and didn't realize the date. Now she says I'm fired. I feel so badly about it! We'll have to do something big to make it up to her.

We are going to go get some fabric and stuffing so I can make Josie a bed. I have the fabric for the top, but not anything that will work on the bottom. I am also hoping that Fabric Depot has some big pillow forms. I think they do. I am going to make a coordinating pillow for the chair in the living room, where her bed will reside. She sleeps on an old blanket that is too small for the beds and she loves it. I am going to wash it for her today. She drops fur like no other!! And we thought the cats shed.

Well, popcorn has just been brought in so I must go.

No comments: