Monday, December 29, 2003

before i start hearing it from the friends...

I have been lax because I had family in town. Now that they have all gone back to their homes *sniff* I can pick it back up again. We had such a fun time with everyone here. It allowed me to cook for many people, one of my favorite things, as well as introducing some of my family to some of my friends here.

We went last night to see Somethings Gotta Give. Very funny movie, although it did drag at certain parts. The cast was perfect for it though! Then went to Portland City Grill afterwards for Happy Hour. That place has some of the best little nibblies ever. We met our friends, Chuck and Marcy there so they could meet my parents.

We ended up having battery issues with the car. As in it died when we were trying to get my parents back to their hotel the other night. This is where living next to a mechanic comes in handy. We are going to have to talk with Jaun to see if our battery held a charge or if we need to get a new one. He told us to keep the one he put in our car, but we just feel like we shouldn't take advantage of him. I don't know...

It snowed last night. I got up to feed the animals (yes at 7:30 which is the latest Simon and Josie will allow me to sleep on the weekends) and take Josie out and low and behold there was white on the ground!! Josie was not too sure as to what it was and why she should have to go out to do her business in it and tried to turn around and come back in, but I didn't let her until she'd gone. Which was the fastest I've seen her go!! Usually she likes to dawdle out there and we'll let her run around by herself (she's gotten good at letting us go back inside while she figures out where she wants to go) and then she'll come tearing around the house and onto the deck when she's done.

Mundane, yes, but you all ask for it (at least that is what Kev tells me from his conversations from various friends).

More when there is more excitment in our lives!

No comments: