Monday, November 24, 2003

cleaning out the storage closet

Today was spent cleaning out the storage we have off of the cave. It had become a catchall for the extra crap we didn't have any place to store. So, we unloaded the whole room and I consolidated the boxes of things we want to keep and created boxes for trash and donation. We have quite a few things we are letting go of that will find new homes. A couple of coats we never wore anymore and some things that I had acquired at the yard sale we had at the apartment before we left.

We have done a bit of rearranging as well. The computer desk is along a different wall. I'm not sure if it will stay like this, but we'll see. So far we are liking the way it is feeling...

Thanksgiving food has been bought. Got me a 15 lb turkey for $3.03!!! Don't know how the girl made it happen, but it was supposed to drop to a certain price per pound after spending $25. When it didn't automatically do it she did it maunally. I'm not sure how she came up with $3.03, but I'll take it!!! :)

We have six friends coming over for dinner on Thursday. I am getting very excited about cooking for so many people. We have pecan and pumpkin pies coming to dinner with two of our guests. YUM!! I am making turkey, garlic cheese mashed potatoes, green beans with almonds, stuffing, and, if they turn out edible, parmesan and pepper homemade rolls. We bought some frozen rolls just in case the homemade ones turn out like rocks.

I am tired and going to go sit on the couch for a while. It's been a long, busy day of organizing and cleaning.

No comments: