Tuesday, November 18, 2003

back at work

Just as the title says, I'm at the shoe store. It's been a fast moving day, but slow as far as customers go. With the days getting cooler more people are staying inside. BUT this shall change as they get acclimated to their surroundings.

I have come up with my Thanksgiving menu, the boys will all be fed well. I found a roast turkey reciped online that sounds fantastic! If it works out well I will make it again for Christmas. It's pretty basic and there aren't too many herbs or flavors to combat the taste of the bird.

I also have found a roll recipe that I will be trying as well. It's for parmesan, pepper rolls. It sounds quite tasty, really. I forgot to talk with Ahmed about my time off I'd like to get during the time my parents are here. There is a bit of time before then though.

I warned Kev that it may get unbearable these next few weeks because of my excitment, to which he replied, "I don't see how you can talk any more about it than you already do." Trust me, I can talk MUCH more about it!!!

The house has stopped smelling of paint fumes. This is a nice thing. Kev's doing laundry right now, and will be caught up with much when I get home. I will probably still have to do some of my own things when I get home tonight, but that is okay.

We went out to sushi last night with friends for Kev's birthday. It was such a nice time. We have some great friends here!! Jill and Mark and Chuck and Marcy met up with us at our favorite place Umenoki. It was just a walk away from our apartment, but it's worth the drive!!! Boy, watch the girl get sidetracked! I was looking to see if there was a website for Umenoki and ended up on citysearch rating the place. They don't have a site, and the editorial review wasn't right in my opinion...

Well, I have a few things to take care of. Namely my desk. I don't know how, but it always looks like a tornado has run over it at the end of the day.

More later (THREE days in a row?!?!).

No comments: