Thursday, October 09, 2003

sliding door

Our new door arrived yesterday! It will get installed next week, although I wish it were sooner. I am hoping that all goes smoothly and there are no glitches, but I doubt that will be the case. They are going to have to cut some of the siding and change the way the door sits in the room a bit. As it is right now the old door sits in a little recess that is about 3 inches deep. When they are done it will be flush with the walls. I think, ulitmately, it will look better to have it flush. The door is soooo pretty!!! It's white, with panes and I can't wait to have it installed. To be able to open a door with one finger, rather than your entire body weight...ahhhhh.

I just got done reading my friend's blog...Kerri. She mentioned being sad when I don't post as often as I once did. I will try to post more often, but she don't post everyday either!! Yes, missy, I'm talkin' about you!!!! :)

My parents have informed me that they will stay at a hotel when they are here in December. This will make life less stressful for them, and most likely for us as well. I'm not sure what arrangements Mom made with the Holiday Inn Express that is just a hop skip and a jump away, but it's all taken care of. It will probably be best for everyone, and since we are going to rent a mini-van while they are here we can be the shuttle. We can get Dad put on the contract so he can be the shuttle driver between the two places too, if he wants. It is his vacation, so maybe we will take on that responsibility!!

The rains may have come home to roost. Which makes me a bit sad, because we were hoping to get the eaves painted before they started. I'm thinking there will be a break in the rain this next week, so we can get it done. There are some projects inside so we can just do those while the days are grey and rainy outside.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the rain. It is quite cleansing and rejuvinating. Our lawn is even coming back to life. So I guess we may have to mow it again before winter.

Okay, that's it, I'm done for today. That satisfy you Kerri and Russ?!?

No comments: