Saturday, September 06, 2003

light at the end of the heat tunnel

The weather man says it is only going to be in the upper 60's by tomorrow. This is a nice thing and boy am I ready for some cool weather. And it is supposed to rain!!! : ) I don't think I am the only person who is longing for it to cool off. I know the midwest folk in my life are ready for a cool down themselves.

We are steadily getting the house ready for Mamasita Peggy and Daddy Walter's visit. Kev is looking forward to spending time with his mom. I can fully understand why.

We are also preparing for a fiesta tomorrow night. The little cookout with Naomi and her husband has turned into a full fledged Mexican Fiesta!!! It should be fun. Still no word on the sofa, but I wanted to have people over and got sick of waiting for the new sofa to arrive!

The sliding door is ready to be ordered, we just have to go pick out the trim. Then it only will be two weeks before the door to come in and we have to make plans for installation. I am quite excited as it sounds like the glass is sealed very well and treated for UV protection. Our current door makes the kitchen so darn hot!! I'm sure I have mentioned this all before.

Boy, the wierdos have come out today. I just had a woman in who mentioned a spot on the wood of one of our shoes (it was glue that would rub out if she would have let me touch the shoe) and then went on to say, "it looks like someone got into the box, someone who was doing narcotics in the store." I simply said it was glue and tried to usher her out asap. She then asked if I was famous and how Jerry was, you know, my husband from Hawaii...I just said I didn't know Jerry and wasn't from Hawaii. A couple of fun girls who came in as she was leaving said I should have told her I'd tell Jerry hi for her. Oy vey!

Well, only an hour and a half left at work and I have things to get finished up before heading home.

Love to you all...

No comments: