Friday, August 01, 2003

what a day

We are still doing laundry. It is a never ending entity. It will get done this weekend. Along with the ceiling fan we will be purchasing this evening and Kev will be installing (hopefully with his buddy Brandon) tomorrow after work. That same friend is loaning us his lawn mower since our lawn is now pretty much dead and won't do any more growing this year (until we seed and the rains come again). This way we can wait to buy one when they go on sale at the end of the mowing season.

I am planning on making a curtain for our closet. It had one of those bi-fold door systems (although they were already removed when we looked at the house and living in the attic). I don't care for them so I am going to make a tension wire curtain system Sunday/Monday depending on when my sewing room gets set up. I have some fabric doors to create and put on the shelf system in the hall, just outside the bathroom. It houses our toiletries since we have no storage in the bathroom (I did order a great cabinet from Lands End Home yesterday though).

The cats are playing even more, playing tag and chasing their toys. Simon thinks that we don't spend enough time with him when we are awake, though, and has decided that he should get our attention when we are a captive audience (aka asleep). I have not had a full, good night's sleep yet. Perhaps when all the boxes are empty and hauled away and the house looks less like it is in transition and more like we live there (it's getting close!!).

We are getting ready for our first guest too. Kev's buddy Reggie is coming from Jersey this month-I think in the next week or so...

And in September my fabulous Mommy-in-law and Daddy Walter will be coming for a long weekend. We are going to do the Race for the Cure. (more on their visit later)

Since I am at work and there are boxes to be moved around in the store room I should go dear reader. I am getting quite sick of moving boxes though. I move them at work, I move them at home, I move them in my sleep.

No comments: