Sunday, August 17, 2003

mmmmm, steak

We got our grill today. Once again, we thank Uncle Ahmed!!! We drove out to the Depot and got a propane Char-broil grill (that's the brand). We had to take it out of the huge box it came in and put it in our car in vairous pieces. Quite the sight to see for the other patrons of the Po. But we got it home, by golly...I love it!!! It has three burners, so we can cook as much or as little as we want without heating up the whole grate. It also has a sider burner, which we weren't sure we wanted, but we liked to cooking space and configuration a bit better than any of the others. And it has a tray on the other side for plates and what not. We also got the greatest bbq tools as well. So tonight we got NY strip steaks to grill with corn on the cob and I made Mom's roasted dijon potato salad. Boy oh boy was it good!!! Tomorrow we have the Hopps, Jill and Mark over for burgers, more corn and more potato salad.

I got a few things for the bedroom, a rod for the closet curtain (which will be taken down tomorrow to be replaced with the original tension wire). As it is now, it looks like a shower in our bedroom. I got a new duvet cover and a new bedskirt. I know this makes you all say oooh and ahhh. The skirt is a sage green and the cover is white (I know, Mom, it will show dirt...). The cover is quilted with little squares. It is sooooo very soft. Chloe has already claimed the bed as hers. I just can't wait for it to get cold out so we can snuggle under it!!!

Maggie, our friend Chaslyn's mom, came over today with her darling daughter. She really liked the house. "Great first home!!" Chaz hadn't seen the place since we had moved in yet either so it was nice to have her over to see it.

I will work on more projects tomorrow morning, before going and picking up Jill and her parents at 11:00. They took their rental back today, so the Clock shuttle begins. :) I will also try to do a bit of laundry as well.

Our ottoman is ready to be delivered (we ordered a beautiful chocolate brown leather ottoman when we ordered the new blue sofa/sleeper). I will call and set up a delivery time. I am hoping we can get it tomorrow, but will be realistic in thinking it will be next Monday. I am also hoping we can get our sofa a bit earlier, rather than having to wait until the end of September. We will have to wait and see though.

I think I am going to go sew a bit. It's a bit warm in the cave right now, as it was quite toasty again here in the Pac NW. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm as well and then we see some cooling again. I guess I shouldn't complain though, I saw it was VERY hot in the midwest today!!!

No comments: