Friday, August 15, 2003

laundry figured out

I have finally figured out why the laundry was taking so darn long...thanks to my Mom's idea that I may be putting too much in. I do believe I was overfilling the little machine, not that I crammed it full, just that I put as much as I would a regular top loading machine. Now that I am doing smaller loads and not trying to get 11 million loads done at once...

Wow, our dishwasher is loud. I am glad I have it, mind you, but a nice quiet one would be lovely. But that is one of those things that can be replaced when this one dies. Which won't be anytime soon, we hope.

It is nice to have our house back, although Reggie was much fun to have around. Kev and he had a great time staying up late, drinking too many Coronas and playing video games. I, on the other hand, spent a lot of time in my sewing room getting little things done. Little things I never knew were supposed to be done. Projects I am creating every day. I guess that is what home ownership is all about though. Getting one project done only to have another rear it's head. However, these little projects I am working on have nothing to do with the house and everything to do with my family. The mystery, I'm sure they are all curious now!!!

Can someone explain to me how the following is possible?

Every day at work seems to fly by, BUT this week seems to be taking a long time to come to an end. I don't understand.

I was hoping to get to the Depot to get our grill early on Sunday, but I can not be pushy about a gift. We will get the gift certificate when we do. Knowing me (and the relationship I have with Ahmed) I will bug him about it tomorrow. :) Since we have various parents in town and we were hoping to be able to grill with them...

It has been a nice night of leftovers, ice cream and sitting down on my couch. I have not sat on it in just over a week now.

I think I may go do some stitching though. Have something in the works for my Grandmother who will be visiting this Christmas with my parents. I think she will be quite surprised as well as touched.

See you when there is something exciting to report...

No comments: