Tuesday, August 19, 2003

birthday capers

Today is our friend, Chuck's, birthday. His girlfriend and I conspired a plan to have Kevin hook up the DVD player she got for him while she had him out at dinner. I was to call at 7:30 to "ask" for a video just in case he didn't see it so he'd have to go to the tv area and get said video. Now, picture this, Kevin put it on top of the tv, and I wrapped his dvds we got him in bright yellow paper and blue ribbon and placed them on top of the player. Did he see it? you ask....NO!!! I called, asked her if he'd seen it and then she proceeded to ask him to get a game for Kev. I hear him in the background saying, "I KNEW IT!!!" Finally, he saw it.

It is always fun being part of some caper to surprise.

Now, onto what you really wanted to read about!! We scheduled the ottoman for delivery on Saturday. I guess they don't deliver on Mondays but Tues-Sat. So Kev will be here to accept the newest piece of furniture. I will just have to find some nice trays to use on it, when we eat our dinner in front of the tv...which is 90% of the time (sadly).

My friend, Kris, bought himself a trailer (an old school aluminum one- The Duchess) and sometimes I think how wonderful it would be to have that freedom. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my house, but I think it would be such an interesting life to lead. Had a dream about it last night actually. Nothing to worry about, just an interesting glance into the life I could have lead (I will assure you all that I am quite happy with the direction I took!!). Ah, well, that is just me thinking. I did talk to him (and Kev) about meeting him somewhere and taking a few days tour with him. He and I were very good friends in school (apparentally I was his first friend in Kansas). You all should check out his blog. www.krisharrisrocks.com/trailerlife/

Well, must be off to meet the birthday boy.

No comments: