Thursday, August 14, 2003

woes noes mores

Kev stayed on the phone for about 45 minutes (being on hold most of the time) to get instructions as to how to make our internet work. Thankfully, after following said instructions, it did work. I guess there was some worm thing that affected most users, but for us something in their system indicated they didn't receive payment (even though the check had been cashed by them) and so they stopped service...Kev got it all worked out though, my hero. I think he did it more for himself, as I have internet access at work and he had been feeling a bit deprived.

Our buddy is going to take the bus with me today, into the city. I finally got his lazy bones up with just about 1/2 hour before go time. I would have gone, with or without him.

Jill's mom and dad as well as Chaslyn's mom are all in town!! Tonight we meet out at a local bar/restaurant. I will get to take my old bus, the #15. Perhaps I will see my former driver. That would be nice. I am excited about seeing all the parents, and for them to all see our house. I will have to do a bit of picking up after the boys. Why is it they don't pick up after themselves, as I would? I mean they do pick up the beer bottles, and throw away the caps (once I talked to Kev about it), but they don't put the pillows back on the couch, they don't put the bath mat over the edge of the tub- Kev does put the bath mat back- etc. Oh well, I could have it worse!!

We are going to get our grill this weekend. Again, thank you Uncle Ahmed (for those who don't know who this Ahmed is I speak of, he's my boss). I don't think I could have asked for a more generous person to work for!! Well, I could have asked, but I doubt I would have found anyone else.

We may also talk to the folks at the Depot about ordering a sliding door this weekend when we are getting the grill. How long does one need to order ahead of time? We will find that out Sunday. I can not wait for that item to be installed! However, the neighbor cats may prove to be a bit destructive. One has already decided that he does not like Simon and was scratching at the glass door. We will have to come up with some way of keeping them off the deck? Ugh. That is a thought I will deal with when the time comes.

It is time to go finish getting ready for work. Must finish my coffee and brush my teeth. This bus ride should prove interesting, as in my quiet home I can barely understand what Reggie is saying...so on a loud bus (you can only imagine).

Good day good friends.

No comments: