Friday, August 06, 2010

can you hand me that funnel?

all too often we let time get away from us. we have the best of intentions to reconnect with old friends and then something happens to make it so you can't...

i learned this morning that one of my all time favorite instructors from my high school days passed away. he was only 44. i had so many things i wanted to share with Mr. Dunlap, but now won't ever get to. 

memories flood my mind as i think about him and what i learned. more than just how to process film, set type, and how to debate. i learned compassion, love and understanding. 

let this message be heard loud and clear by all that read it...

don't let time pass you by! tell those who influenced your life, in any way, thank you. 

thanks, Mr. D! i will always have fond memories of inside jokes and oddly sung songs.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sorry for your loss Shannon.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Shannon.