Thursday, May 21, 2009

for my knittahs!

i've been remiss. i've failed to keep you all updated on the progress of the dress. it is coming along quite nicely. i did get to try it on at one point, when i'd just finished the top but hadn't started on the skirt yet. it looked great. took a photo with my old phone, but can't get it off that one.

anyway, i took a couple of shots today. the sun was just lovely, a breeze coming in through the window. i'm happy to say i got to work on it almost every day my parents were here.

i kind of changed my deadline from the weddings i have in july to going down to california to meet my nephew. i can hardly wait.

yeah, i might be nuts, but i really think i can make it. the thing that will be hardest is weaving in all those ends and picking up the stitches around the neck and arms.

speaking of my beautiful dress, i think i shall go sit with it for a while. the simpsons are on, the breeze is still coming in through the windows while the sun is shining in the sky.

we've got friends coming over to help eat some of the amazing leftovers we have from the visit in a while, so i have to get a few minutes in...

then it's lakers with the asatos.

2 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh look at that! That's really pretty.

And I still can't knit a hat yet! I need more practice on simple scarfs before going onto the hat project. Will get there, somehow, someday... :)

Unknown said...

The dress looks like it's coming along nicely -- I know I said this before, but I just love that color.

I caught up on the other posts and no wonder you were able to lose 30 lbs. working in your garden and around your house :)