Thursday, December 25, 2008

a lovely morning

I woke at 7:00 to feed the crew their breakfast. Simon had started his dance half an hour before and was about to start the song. Josie was getting in on the act and was rubbing her body along the foot of the bed, scratching her back and making the bed a vibrating bed (rather jarring when you are still half asleep). Chloe was nowhere to be found, until I got downstairs to feed them. Up on the freezer is where she sat, waiting.

Last night Kev told me to wake him up when I was hungry and he'd make me breakfast. Before I did though, I wanted to see if the desk chair we'd bought for the basement would work with my new desk. Kev hasn't been all that comfortable in it and since I'd been telling him that the new desk could be his gift to me, I figured he deserved a new desk chair. Of course I decided this all this morning, so I simply moved our old desk chair back and told him that we'd eventually get him a new one (the old one is rather uncomfortable after a while of sitting in it).

We ended up making breakfast together, which was just perfect. Perfectly crisped bacon, soft scrambled eggs, a hearty toast...and home made grape jelly.

It's been a lovely morning indeed.

May this day be filled with laughter and love.

No comments: