Saturday, November 01, 2008

not quite done yet

Well, last night was very sweet. We had a handful of beggars come by the house. I think my favorite was the first two I handed out to. Older sister with younger brother...and she was easily the age where going out with your little brother could be annoying. She seemed really happy to be out with him. It was sweet. What's that? What were they dressed as? I can not remember. I just remember them being happy to be out together.

So, I got home from work yesterday and had mustered the energy and excitement about going to both parties. I started rummaging through Kev's closet, looking for a blue button up shirt. He then announced he was not feeling well and didn't think we should go to either. I told him there were no taksie backsies. So we stayed home. I text messaged our friends to let them know that we were not going to be attending either gathering because of a not feeling so well husband. Everyone told me not to catch it. :)

Today I get to go into work and finish getting the checks ready (gotta stuff the envelope with my memo) and then I get to go to the mall store way the hell out and interview four candidates for the position we have open out there. That will take a few hours and then I will compile notes, talk with Susie (who's conducting the interviews with me) and head home...

We have another party we were invited to tonight. We'll see how the Mr. is feeling tonight.

Tomorrow I work (don't worry Mom and Dad, I have plenty of time to call before heading into the store at 11:00).

I'm ready for Monday because Jill is coming over and we are doing the touch up paint and re-hanging the light fixture that we painted. It should prove to be a productive day. After which, we will drink wine and possibly light a fire...who knows?!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss being in a house that gets trick or treaters, but it seems like there are fewer going around each year. When I lived in Texas, around 2000, I think we went through seven bags of candy and it was so cute to see all the kids.