Sunday, November 16, 2008

knittahs at noon

In a few hours my house is going to be full of amazing friends. All with at least one thing in common, we knit. Kevin says I lost a couple of eyes when I started talking about all this darn knitting (sorry russ and reggie, i still love you!). But there is something pretty amazing about who is brought together by the simple act of moving two sticks around with some string and creating something beautiful.

I feel like the luckiest girl right now because my sister is pregnant. Beautifully, radiantly, roundly pregnant (well, i've not seen her yet so i don't know if she is all those things, but i'm guessing she is closing in on that last one). For me, knitting baby things is like heaven. They are quick with the knitting so it makes for as close to instant gratification you can get.

With my family's arrival next week, I would like to have the four bibs done. With only one done and one on the needles, I need to knit with the wind to my sails. Perhaps we need a Bourne Identity night sometime this week. I always knit faster to action movies.

Okay, must go finish getting the house ready for the throngs of beautiful women who are coming over today. (i'm trying to get those eyes back...russ, reggie? you out there?)

I'll leave you with this:

No comments: