Monday, September 01, 2008

really?

So I am sitting here at work, once again. It's been a much busier Labor Day than I thought (read feared) it would be. This makes me happy. However, what makes me cranky is the girl who just came in and very cheerily stated, "Oh, your working on Labor Day. And we're not..." giggling the whole time.

I want to write a book and call it "Stupid things that come out of customer's mouths" or something like that. I'm sure with the staff here we could come up with a large selection pretty darn quickly.

One of my faves was, "the sign on your door that has the hours...it's not right, is it?" said to me 45 minutes AFTER we'd closed. When I said yes, they proceeded to hang around even longer. I finally told them they'd have to come back as I had a life to live outside of the store.

I just have to wonder about people sometime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We used to collect those stories when I was working at the movie theatre. My favorite was when we posted a sign that said a particular showing was sold out and people would ask "is it really sold out?" Uhh....