Friday, September 26, 2008

aunty jill


Josie is in love. I always knew she would find that one friend of ours whom she just couldn't wait to see, would wiggle just as much as when she sees us after a long day. That one friend is her Aunty Jill.

Jill and I met the first week before our freshman year of college started. She was sitting alone at a table in the dining room. A group of girls I was hanging out with suggested we go ask her to sit with us. My first reaction was, "what if she wants to be left alone?" I'm glad nobody listened to me.

She became my closest friend in about two minutes after meeting her.

She became Josie's favorite aunt in a little less time...

Last night Jill and Mark (her husband) came over for dinner. It was a slightly less than stellar day for me but during dinner Jill kept giggling. She told us somebody was resting her chin on her foot. I had no idea her foot was in the air. I'd thought Josie had lowered her chin to Jill's foot on the floor.

That moment right there, made my night.

A couple of different moments made my morning this morning, but that may be another post (or I might just send those friends an email thanking them).

How can you not smile at a face like Josie's?

6 comments:

bronxbt said...

omg sooo cute.
i do loves me some josie!

:)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That's awesome! Love the picture :)

Anonymous said...

I love that pic, too! Dogs are just so darned sweet.

Jack K. said...

To know them is to love them.

Monika said...

So cute! And I found this to be true. Our Biko has a crush on one of my sons friend. He's not a dog person, and was scarred at first of all her attention. :o)

Unknown said...

My dogs make me smile so much when I'm feeling frustrated or down. Unfortunately, Kona sometimes goes a bit too far and tends to actually lick peoples' feet under the table -- fortunately, most people are pretty nice about it :)