Friday, February 15, 2008

chin up

We have an appointment today in a couple of hours with Josie's doctor. We've compiled a list of questions to ask. Such as, are there alternatives to phenobarbital? Does she still need to be on the peep medication if she's still leaking? Would it be worse if she wasn't on it? Etc.

Other than that, things are going well. The panties/diaper combo worked fairly well. She kept them on, which Kev felt for sure he'd come home to one destroyed garment. I knew she'd leave them on. She was soaked and there was a bit of moisture on the bed, but just on the peep pad Jill and I made. So I call it a win.

In other news, I am getting ready to go to Vegas baby. Work calls. Yes, it's hard to have to go to Vegas every six months. So so hard. ;) Can you say break?! It's exactly what I need these days! Although I am worried about Kev and Josie (the cats never worry me). I'm not worried that Kev will perish without me around. I'm worried about his frustration level surrounding Josie's issues.

They will survive, though.

Yesterday was the 14th. A day we are told we must show those we love them that we do, in fact, love them. Kev and I don't really "practice" Valentines Day. On a day to day basis we attempt to show our love. Be it something small like Kev unloading the dishes or me putting his lounge pants in the cabinet that is warmed by the heating duct.

So I hope everyone had a day where they felt loved by those around them. But I hope for that all year round.

1 comment:

Monika said...

Poor Josie. I hope you'll find a way to help her further with her issues. Have fun in Las Vegas!